- This event has passed.
CSHSC Annual Convening
May 7 - May 8
- Members will focus on progress monitoring using indicators and metrics to determine the effectiveness of their design work.
- Members will learn from New Mexico high schools undergoing the redesign process about their design approach and the lessons learned from the first year of planning and implementation.
Building on CCSSO’s commitment to equity, this initiative sets a vision for equity (commitment #1), provides tailored support to LEAs (commitment #4) and improves conditions for learning (commitment #9).
- Collaborate and share strategies and approaches to progress monitoring across states
- Engage in a design sprint to create a prototype of metrics and indicators to show short term progress toward a redesign plan
Participants’ Pre-Convening Activity
We are asking each state and school team to create a three-to-four minute presentation to share that will benefit the entire group of the collective wisdom in the room. You can use any format or visuals you like or none at all. We are asking folks to keep to the time constraint suggested and to share:
- What is it about your current metrics (implementation, progress monitoring, early impact or other) and the way they serve you that is effective? best-in-class?
School teams, the response to this may be some measure you have created or included in your design plan.
- What conversation(s) are you having currently about what you would like to measure that is not a part of your metrics suite currently and why (what insights are you hoping to gain)?
- Is there a root cause, or mindset, that you believe is essential to address for high school redesign success, that is not captured by your current set of metrics or on-going conversations about additional metrics?
Convening Downloads & Media
- Convening Presentation (PPT)
- Convening Presentation (PDF)
- Download the 2019 CSHSC Convening Agenda (PDF)
- Freshman On-Track Toolkit
- The Youth Guarantee in Findland (PDF)
- The Future of Healing: Shifting From Trauma Informed Care to Healing Centered Engagement (PDF)
- The Future of Healing: Shifting From Trauma Informed Care to Healing Centered Engagement (Website)
- Learning Outside the Lines: Six Innovative Programs That Reach Youth
- Postsecondary Pathways Presentation (Bob Balfanz) (PPT)
- College, Career and Life Readiness:
A Look at High School Indicators of
Post-Secondary Outcomes in Boston (PDF)
- Three Educational Pathways to Good Jobs (PDF)